03 Mar Position: Business Insights Analyst
Data Analyst Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone
Cell-Ed offers busy adults on-the-go learning on any mobile device, including basic phones, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Learners simply call or connect to an app, listen to audio lessons, and gain skills through two-way texting and live coaching. No Internet or smart phone required!
Currently, Cell-Ed serves 13,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, work skills). We are seeking an experienced Business Insights Analyst who has a passion for the health education industry.
In this role, you will collaborate closely and cross-functionally with engineering, product management, partner success, business development, and other teams to ensure success. You will be analyzing existing data sources, identifying new ones, and crafting narratives with key data insights that can be shared to internal teams, partners, and other external audiences.
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work fully remote, based anywhere in the U.S.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs to enable strategic decision making.
- Design and develop reports, presentations, and dashboards based on internal business needs and external partner needs working with Data Scientist and Technical Data Analyst.
- Make complex data analytics accessible to diverse audiences including partners, coaches, and other team members using data visualization and other techniques.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify third-party datasets (e.g., Census) for Cell-Ed to use to better understand its data and user segments, as well as improve the AI and machine learning engines.
- Provide ongoing reports and actionable insights to teams on an ongoing basis.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Share issues, feedback, and suggestions to internal teams as appropriate and work collaboratively to develop Cell-Ed healthcare education products and operational solutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets)
- Willingness to learn new technology platforms and systems, as needed
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot real-time challenges in a way that fosters internal and external relationships
- Meticulous and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong presentation and oral communication skills
- Experience with federally and privately funded grant operations preferred
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with diverse teams of people
- Ability to lead and innovate
- Experience in the social sector, education sector, or public community health with evaluation and insights preferred
- Proven experience in research and data analysis
- History of working with BI and data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope (Sisense), Kibana, Tableau)
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets to slice and dice through data
- Experience working with data scientists and technical data analysts
- Exceptional problem-solving, data synthesis, analytical, and presentation skills
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding metrics reports to support other teams and key stakeholders
- Access to a mobile phone, computer and Internet
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].