03 Mar Position: Cell-Ed Controller
Cell-Ed Controller Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone
Cell-Ed offers busy adults on-the-go learning on any mobile device, including basic phones, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Learners simply call or connect to an app, listen to audio lessons, and gain skills through two-way texting and live coaching. No Internet or smart phone required!
Currently, Cell-Ed serves 13,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, work skills). We are looking for a Controller who has proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. This role will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work fully remote, based anywhere in the U.S.
- Work with outsourced finance/accounting team to facilitate financial decision making
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the budget process for multi-year projects and grant proposals
- Oversee compliance reporting for government-funded projects and deliverable-based contracts
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with government grant money
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks online
- Willingness to learn new technology platforms and systems, as needed
- Meticulous and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting, 10+ years proven accounting experience, CPA
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].