17 Mar Position: Content Production Manager
Content Production Manager Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone. Bring your production expertise, creative muscle and passion for organizing to Cell-Ed.
We are a fast-growing startup on a mission to help low-skilled adults expand their education on their cellphones. This is your opportunity to become an impact player on a growing team.
As Production Manager, you will collaborate closely with the Cell-Ed content writing team to understand the vision the writers have for the courses. You will manage the production team in the production of Cell-Ed courses from creating the documents for our talented voice artists, developing and editing images, proof-listening courses uploaded on the Learning Management System, as well as managing the post-production processes.
- Collaborate with Cell-Ed’s content writing team to understand the approach and vision of courses.
- Manage the production team’s projects and deadlines across the internal team and team of vendors and contractors
- Be responsible for liaising between vendors and internal departments to support projects from inception to delivery based on priority
- Keep the production team accountable for all responsibilities and update processes when needed to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and that they are error-free
- Communicate effectively with Project Coordinators and other team members to identify project needs and evaluate solutions
- Scout new voice artists and other contractors as needed for continuous improvement and variety of the content creation
- Train voice artists to follow the Cell-Ed best practices of recording
- Scout new voice artists for continuous variety
- Complete production tasks when needed to support the team
- Perform additional functions as required to support rapidly expanding startup company
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong, almost obsessive, attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Experience with production steps such as audiobooks, podcasts, advertisements
- Experience with audio and image editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience with Google Suite (documents, spreadsheets, files management)
- Combination of analytical ability and creativity
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage timelines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work remotely in a distributed workforce model
- Ability to shift tone, pacing and approach based on specific audience needs
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1 to 4 years production experience, especially with audio and sound, such as radio and podcasts
- Experience with adult education, teaching, training or other related fields
- Lived and/or professional experience with low-income, low-skilled and/or low-literate adult populations
- Some Spanish knowledge
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].