03 Mar Position: Content Writer, Health
Content Writer, Health Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone
Cell-Ed offers busy adults on-the-go learning on any mobile device, including basic phones, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Learners simply call or connect to an app, listen to audio lessons, and gain skills through two-way texting and live coaching. No Internet or smart phone required!
Currently, Cell-Ed serves 13,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, work skills). We are seeking an experienced Content Writer to create high-quality educational content that provides users helpful information and advice. In this role, you will be responsible for creating supplemental materials for content (including teacher guides, learning objectives, etc.) and sending content to the production team.
Candidates for this position must be bilingual (Spanish).
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work fully remote, based anywhere in the U.S.
- Write educational content given guidance and/or a template.Topics include: basic life skills, language skills, healthy eating and exercise, among others.
- Communicate with the team to gather feedback on content and make edits to content after receiving feedback.
- Provide feedback on others’ written content.
- Ensure content is ready for production using a checklist.
- Tag lessons and courses based on established criteria.
- Translate existing content into Spanish (or other high-demand language).
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred. Extensive experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of and experience working within public health, education, nutrition, and/or social sectors.
- Experience with best practices in community and behavioral health.
- Experience teaching or working with adults in an educational capacity and/or extensive writing experience.
- Proven experience delivering value-based communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail, both in writing and in project completion.
- Access to a mobile phone, computer and Internet.
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].