03 Mar Position: Director, CalFresh Healthy Living (CFHL) Project Supervisor
Director, CalFresh Healthy Living (CFHL) Project Supervisor Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone
Cell-Ed offers busy adults on-the-go learning on any mobile device, including basic phones, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Learners simply call or connect to an app, listen to audio lessons, and gain skills through two-way texting and live coaching. No Internet or smart phone required!
Currently, Cell-Ed serves 13,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, work skills). We are seeking an experienced Director, CFHL Project Supervisor who will be responsible for coordinating all efforts of the CalFresh Healthy Living project, in partnership with the California Department of Social Services, where Cell-Ed will develop a SNAP-Ed mobile solution that provides a health & wellness mobile-first intervention to 100,000-plus CFHL/SNAP-Ed eligible Californians across the state.
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work fully remote, based anywhere in the U.S.
- Supervise CFHL contract and ensure timeliness deliverables.
- Develop, implement, and oversee project work plans and review as appropriate to meet changing needs and program requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and improve any business relationships vital to CFHL success.
- Evaluate CFHL project metrics and data, and recommend reports to identify issues and opportunities to improve performance going forward.
- Working with Data Analysts to develop, synthesize, and provide reports and dashboards with actionable insights to both internal and external teams.
- Understand challenges, barriers and personas of CFHL clients (e.g., end users) and partner segments. Infuse understanding of the client into initial product design, communication strategy and iterations, and understanding of partners into engagement strategies.
- Interact clearly, constructively and positively with all organizational departments to ensure projects are completed effectively in alignment with SNAP-Ed requirements and with minimal disruption to planned events.
- Liaise with the California Department of Social Services, Executive Team, and internal teams to ensure work plan is being followed.
- Manage the Cell-Ed CFHL team and communicate the project strategy to various team members (content, production, tech).
- Manage the CFHL $10M budget.
- Report the progress of the project to senior-level management, clients, and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets)
- Willingness to learn new technology platforms and systems, as needed
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot real-time challenges in a way that fosters internal and external relationships
- Meticulous and detailed-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong presentation and oral communication skills
- Experience with federally and privately funded grant operations
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities and excel in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work with diverse teams of people
- Ability to lead and innovate
- Masters in Social Work, Public Health, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience including budget oversight
- Minimum 5 years of management experience overseeing staff or other relevant experience
- Comfort with mobile technology and product design
- Lived and/or professional experience with low-income, low-skilled and/or low-literate adult populations
- Knowledge of SNAP-Ed curriculum and requirements as well as SNAP/TANF programs and client preferred
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].