03 Mar Position: Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone
Cell-Ed offers busy adults on-the-go learning on any mobile device, including basic phones, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Learners simply call or connect to an app, listen to audio lessons, and gain skills through two-way texting and live coaching. No Internet or smart phone required!
Currently, Cell-Ed serves 13,000+ adults who are learning English and other foundational skills (literacy, numeracy, work skills). We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Director with excellent people skills to ensure that our human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to business objectives. This role will have a key responsibility in helping us to build the HR department. Additionally, this role will collect and maintain all personnel files, ensuring compliance across all HR systems and will be the point of contact for all HR related matters.
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work fully remote, based anywhere in the U.S.
- Helps build an innovative, people-first culture and HR department for a fast-growing social enterprise.
- Oversees and acts as the Subject Matter Expert for all aspects of the HR function including but not limited to: benefits, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, payroll and talent management.
- Supports current employees by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Identifies staffing needs; develops and executes a recruitment and onboarding process aligned with Cell-Ed’s culture and values.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR.
- Identifies key components of and develops Employee Handbook.
- Drives company culture efforts to ensure the inclusivity of all employees.
- Assist with development and implementation of a talent management process including goal setting, annual reviews and development of employee roles and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- Strong Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion visionary who also designs company policies that are reflective of this commitment.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Access to a mobile phone, computer and Internet.
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].