18 Mar Position: Production Assistant
Bring your production expertise, creative muscle and passion for organizing to Cell-Ed.
We are a fast-growing startup on a mission to help low-skilled adults expand their education on their cellphones. This is your opportunity to become an impact player on a growing team.
As Production Assistant, you will be hands on in the creation of Cell-Ed courses from editing the audios of our talented voice artists, layering in sound effects and music, developing and editing images, as well as managing the post-production processes.
Cell-Ed’s interactive mobile courses are primarily audio – engaging voice instructions and dialogues – combined with texting including of images. Our pioneering approach allows students to get proven learning gains in short bursts of activity when they can, wherever they are.
- Locate, edit and develop images and visuals for courses
- Photography, videography and basic graphic design to provide content for courses
- Proof and upload audios and images into the Cell-Ed platform
- Sound editing of audio clips including selection of best audio, editing for clarity, speed, background noise, and more
- Identify opportunities for sound effects and overlays such as music, pneumonic devices, background effects
- Perform additional functions as required to support rapidly expanding startup company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong, almost obsessive, attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Audition, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience with Google Suite (documents, spreadsheets, files management)
- Combination of analytical ability and creativity
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage timelines
- Ability to work remotely in a distributed workforce model
- Ability to shift tone, pacing and approach based on specific audience needs
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1 to 4 years production experience, especially with audio and sound, such as radio and podcasts
- Experience with adult education, teaching, training or other related fields
- Lived and/or professional experience with low-income, low-skilled and/or low-literate adult populations
- Some Spanish knowledge
To apply, submit resume and cover letter, including your salary requirements, to:[email protected] Subject line should include the job title, e.g., “Production Assistant Application”
Cell-Ed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value having a diverse mix of talented people working to achieve our mission of bringing learning solutions to low-skilled adults. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.