17 Mar Position: Production Associate
Production Associate Job Description
Help Cell-Ed make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of adults over the phone. Bring your production expertise, creative muscle and passion for organizing to Cell-Ed.
We are a fast-growing startup on a mission to help low-skilled adults expand their education on their cellphones. This is your opportunity to become an impact player on a growing team.
Cell-Ed’s interactive mobile courses are primarily audio – engaging voice instructions and dialogues – combined with texting, including images. Our pioneering approach allows students to get proven learning gains in short bursts of activity when they can, wherever they are.
Our content writers write courses and share documents, ideas and instructions. As Production Associate, you will be hands-on in the production of Cell-Ed courses, from creating the documents for our talented voice artists, developing and editing images, proof-listening courses uploaded on the Learning Management System, as well as managing the post-production processes.
- Proof and upload audios and images into the Cell-Ed platform
- Proof-listen courses and gather findings to deliver quality education to our learners
- Develop documents for contractors following the production process
- Photography, and basic graphic design to provide content for courses
- Locate, edit and develop images and visuals for courses
- Add tags to lessons and units into Cell-Ed platform
- Ability to write short copy when and if needed such as reminder notifications and encouraging text messages aligned with specific lessons
- Perform additional functions as required to support rapidly expanding startup company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong, almost obsessive, attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience with Google Suite (documents, spreadsheets, files management)
- Experience with, or ability to learn, Click-up
- Combination of analytical ability and creativity
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage timelines
- Ability to work remotely in a distributed workforce model
- Ability to shift tone, pacing and approach based on specific audience needs
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1 to 4 years production experience, especially with audio and sound, such as radio and podcasts
- Experience with adult education, teaching, training or other related fields
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Lived and/or professional experience with vulnerable adult populations
- Some Spanish knowledge
- Sound editing of audio clips including selection of best audio, editing for clarity, speed background noise, and more.
- Ability to identify opportunities for sound effects and overlays such as music, pneumonic devices, background effects
If you are looking to join a growing, diverse team who is passionate about others, we want to hear from you!
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need to contact us regarding this position please email [email protected].