10 Aug Position: Vice President, Sales
Build and lead sales team for fast-growing startup in the workforce training/educational/technical arena.
Bring demonstrated sales leadership and a proven track record of sales success to the mission of driving revenue for Cell-Ed.
Develop and manage against company revenue and other targets and assure a robust pipeline to support Cell-Ed’s vision of highly scalable, personalized learning solutions for low-skilled adults.
Build and oversee a highly accountable, distributed sale steam, including the managing CEO and COO, that is grounded in ‘sales as a service’ and ‘solution centered’ approaches. Inspire excellence. Serve as integral part of Cell-Ed’s leadership team setting the growth strategy and vision for the company.
- Develop and manage against company revenue targets, salesforce incentive structure, sales processes, and salesforce structure for a fast-growing startup
- Execute across the sales cycles working with key members of the Cell-Ed management and Partner Success teams from lead generation, qualification and negotiations to closing contracts and ensuring renewals
- Manage sales pipeline aligned with company’s revenue targets to ensure adequate, consistent, realistic prospects throughout the pipeline
- Assist in prioritizing sales strategies and pipeline based on both short-term ROI and long-term customer value
- Build and oversee highly accountable, distributed sale steam, providing firm but fair leadership to encourage top performance
- Drive sales team recruitment using best-practice selection processes
- Provide effective coaching, timely, candid performance feedback, and make difficult employment decisions
- Oversee transition to and adoption of Salesforce and formalized Customer Relationship Management processes and structures, and implement other innovations as needs and technology change
- Perform additional functions as required to support rapidly expanding startup company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in ‘sales as a service’, ‘solution centered’, ‘consultative’ or other relevant approaches
- Proven experience in building sales teams including structure, processes, resource requirements, and accountability structure
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- An interpersonal style that inspires excellence from others
- Ability to manage ambiguity and shifts based on needs of a fast-growing organization
- Proven experience in solution-driven, consultative sales methodologies
- Proven experience with lead generation, negotiation and closing B2B contracts for software solutions to large employers and resellers
- Proven experience successfully managing remote employees in a distributed workforce model
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Lived and/or professional experience with low-income, low-skilled and/or low-literate adult populations
Travel: Frequent travel
Cell-Ed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value having a diverse mix of talented people working to achieve our mission of bringing learning solutions to low-skilled adults. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.